18–22 July 2021 Prague
12–16 July 2020
Frontiers of Polymer Colloids
From Synthesis to Macro-Scale and Nano-Scale Applications
Chairman, IMC Prague
Welcome to the 84th PMM conference organized by the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences.
Come and enjoy the scientific programme in friendly summer Prague.
- 20. 4. 2020: As Covid-19 has reshaped our lives, we have come to a difficult
decision to postpone the Frontiers of Polymer Colloids conference to
the next year, i.e., 18–22 July 2021, at the same venue, the
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Prague.
We would be delighted if you stay interested at this event. Web site and Registration stay open as are we to your questions.
Workshop Career in Polymers XII is postponed too.
The 84th Prague Meeting on Macromolecules – “Frontiers of Polymer Colloids: From Synthesis to Macro-Scale and Nano-Scale Applications” will focus on the latest innovative development in synthesis and characterization of polymer colloids both for life sciences and industry. The meeting will bring together multi-disciplinary experts from both academia and industry in the areas of polymer and material science, pharmaceutics, imaging, biology, and medicine.
- Preparation of advanced polymer and/or inorganic colloids, living polymerization systems, kinetics and mechanism, micro- and nano-encapsulation, core-shell and hollow particles, engineered surfaces, computer simulations.
- Biomedical aspects: particles for life sciences, drug and gene delivery, biomedical diagnostics, sensors. Colloids in nanobiotechnology and nanomedicine.
- Stimuli-responsive colloids, self-assembled systems, interfacial phenomena, characterization and physicochemical properties.
- New trends in industrial applications: coatings, adhesives, catalysis, paper, textile, optical devices, energy storage.
Style of the Conference
The program will consist of oral presentations of invited as well as contributed lectures. Two sessions are planned for poster presentations.
International Advisory Board
- J. M. Asua (Spain)
- M. Ballauff (Germany)
- S. A. F. Bon (UK)
- E. Bourgeat-Lami (France)
- J. A. Capobianco (Canada)
- M. Cunningham (Canada)
- M. S. El-Aasser (USA)
- A. Elaissari (France)
- C. J. Hawker (USA)
- P. Lacroix-Desmazes (France)
- K. Landfester (Germany)
- P. P. Li (Hong Kong)
- H. Minami (Japan)
- M. Monteiro (Australia)
- Y. Nagasaki (Japan)
- M. Okubo (Japan)
- B. Reck (Germany)
- J. Tsavalas (USA)
- A. M. van Herk (Singapore)
- M. A. Winnik (Canada)
- K. L. Wooley (USA)
- P. Zetterlund (Australia)