Status of the Participant of the
Course in Polymer Science
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Czech Academy
- The Course is organized under the auspices of the Czech Academy of Sciences, UNESCO and IUPAC.
- The participant of the Course is considered to be a foreign guest
of the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences
under a special regimen.
- The Course starts on October 1 and ens on July 31 the following year.
- The official language of the Course is English.
- The participation in the Course is conditional in the first two
months of the Course (October-November). The performance of each
participant will be evaluated at the beginning of December. If it is
satisfactory the participant will continue in the Course. In the case
of unsatisfactory performance, the stay will be terminated.
- The Institute provides the participant with training by work on a
research project supervised by a senior researcher and with the use of
available methods and equipment. As a part of the training, the
participant may use the Institute´s library and its services.
- The Institute organizes a lecture course and workshops on
research in general and on special topics of polymer science. The
lectures and workshops take place from November to April, are
compulsory for the Course participants and are in English.
- Presentation of the results obtained within the frame of the
research project is a part of the Course. The participant usually
presents the results in the form of a lecture at a seminar held at the
end of the Course.
- On condition of satisfactory performance during the Course, the
Institute issues the participant with a certificate about completion of
- The Institute reimburses the daily expenses of the participant.
The reimbursement is paid on a monthly basis and is calculated
according to the number of days the participant is present in the Czech
- The Institute provides the accommodation to the participant of the Course. There is no charge to the participant.
- Basic health insurance is provided by the health insurance
company "Pojišťovna VZP, a.s.". The Institute pays the insurance
premium, there is no charge to the participant.
- The Institute reimburses the payment the participant made to
obtain visa. Please bring an original of the document about the
payment. The reinbursement is in Czech crowns.
- The Institute provides the participant with an English language
course. The language course takes place at the Department of Languages
of the Czech Academy of Sciences and starts in October.
- The Institute enables the participant of the Course to take part
in the scientific events of the Institute, such as lectures, colloquia
- The Institute enables the participant to publish the results of
the research project as a co-author together with the leader of the
project and others who participated in the research.
- The holiday allowance of the participant consists of two parts:
(1) Two weeks (ten working days) can be taken out throughout the
Course. (2) One more week (five working days) can be granted by the
respective supervisor on condition of satisfactory performance of the
participant during the Course. If the holiday allowance is used for
travel out of the Czech Republic, the monthly allowance is adequately
lowered (see term 10).
- It is obligatory for the participant of the Course to get
acquainted with the rules of the Institute on work safety and health
- The participant of the Course is obliged to adhere to the valid
regualtions of the Institute, in particular those regarding the
attendance, purposeful spending of hours of work, laboratory work
safety and economy. Furthermore, the participant is obliged to
participate regularly in the lecture course as well as in language and
professional training, and to inform his/her supervisor about the
results obtaines. Unless the participant obtains a written permission
of the Director of the Institute to present his/her results, the
participant must treat the unpublished results as confidential for five
years after completing the Course.
- The Director of the Institute is entitled to terminate the stay
of the participant of the Course at the Institute if he/she seriously
violates this Status, hotel rules or the law of the Czech Republic.