Deadline for application for the
UNESCO/IUPAC Course 2018-2019
20 February 2018
24 July 2017
Institute of Macromolecular
AS CR, v.v.i.
Heyrovského náměstí 2
Status of the Participant of the
Course in Polymer Science
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of
Sciences of the Czech Republic
- The participant of the Course is considered to be a foreign
guest of the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the Czech Academy of
Sciences under a special regimen.
- The Course is organized under the auspices of
the Czech Academy of Sciences, UNESCO and IUPAC.
- The Course starts on October 1 and ends
on July 31 the following year.
- The participation in the course is conditional in the first two months of the course (October-November).
The performance of each participant will be evaluated at the beginning
of December. If it is satisfactory the participant will continue in the
course. In the case of unsatisfactory performance, the stay will be
- The official language of the Course is English.
- The Institute reimburses the daily expenses of the
The reimbursement is paid on a monthly basis and is calculated according to the number of days the participant is present in
the Czech Republic.
- The Institute provides the
accommodation to the participant of the Course. There is no charge to the participant.
health insurance is provided by the health insurance company "Pojišťovna VZP,
a.s.". The Institute pays the insurance premium, there is no charge to the participant.
Institute reimburses the payment the participant made to obtain visa.
Please bring an original of the document about the payment. The reimbursment is in Czech
Institute provides the participant with an English language course free
of charge. The language course takes place at the Department
of Languages of the Czech Academy of Sciences and
starts in October.
- The Institute organizes a lecture course and
practica on research in general and on special topics
of polymer science. The lectures and practica take place from November
to April, are compulsory for the Course participants and are in
- The Institute enables the participant of the Course to take part in the scientific events of the Institute,
such as lectures, colloquia and symposia.
- The Institute provides the participant with a training by work on a research project supervised by a
senior researcher and with the use of available methods and equipment. As a
part of the training, the participant may use the Institute's library and its services.
- The Institute enables the
participant to publish the results of the research project as a co-author together with the
leader of the project and others who participated in the research.
- Presentation of the results obtained within the frame
of the research project is a part of the Course. The participant
usually presents the results in the form of a lecture at a seminar held at the end of the Course.
- The holiday allowance of the participant consists of two parts: (1) Two weeks (ten working days) can be taken out throughout the Course. (2) One more week (five working days) can be granted
by the respective supervisor on condition of satisfactory performance of the
participant during the Course.
If the holiday allowance is used for travel out of the Czech Republic,
the monthly allowance is adequately lowered (see term 5).
- It is obligatory
for the participant of the Course to get
acquainted with the rules of the Institute on work safety and health
- On condition of satisfactory performance during the Course, the Institute
issues the participant with a certificate about completion of the Course.
- The participant of the Course is obliged to adhere to
regulations of the Institute, in particular those regarding the
attendance, purposeful spending of hours of work, laboratory work
safety and economy. Furthermore, the participant is obliged to
participate regularly in the lecture course as well as in language and
professional training, and to inform his/her supervisor about the results obtained.
Unless the participant obtains a written permission of the Director of
the Institute to present his/her results, the participant must treat
the unpublished results as confidential for five years after completing
- The Director of the Institute is entitled to
terminate the stay of the participant of the Course at the Institute if he/she
seriously violates this Status, hotel rules or the law of the Czech