located in the precinct of Benedictine archabbey of St. Adalbert and St. Margaret in Břevnov. We offer descriptions of the way: from the Institute / to the Institute, from the airport / to the airport, from City
take bus 179 (direction of Nové Butovice), at night 510 (direction of Modřany, Na Beránku) for as far as Vypich (17 stops, 10 km, 25-27 min from Terminal 1, 12 stops, 7 km, 18-19 min from Terminal 3), where you have to change for any tram downhill ( 22,25) for 2 stops as far as Břevnovský klášter. You will see the monastery (shown in the picture above) on the left and to follow arrows to Adalbert hotel from the main gate.
a) if you travel with luggage or if you want to avoid longer walk for any other reasons, take any of buses 179, 184, 191 (directions of Nové Butovice and Smíchov, Na Knížecí) for 3 stops to Vypich, where you have to change for any tram downhill (22,25) for 2 stops as far as Břevnovský klášter. You will see the monastery (shown in the picture above) on the left and to follow arrows to Adalbert hotel from the main gate.
b) By walk, two ways are suggested:
1. (dark blue marked in the map above), take any tram (2
stops) or any bus (1 stop) or walk eastward along the tram rails.
Walking or using bus, turn right at the post office; as well as you pass the "dm market" building, go along the building of the former windmill.
Then continue along Na Větrníku street eastward to the next crossing (with Myslivečkova street, 200 m) and turn right into the abbey garden.
Go straight on down to the abbey buildings.
2. Alternative route, easier to follow - cyan marked in the map: Follow the high-voltage line through Zeyerova alej street to its end, after crossing the Ankarská street continue through Zvoníčkova street, which turns after 100 m to left. From the cemetery corner, walk through U Vojtěšky street along the cemetery wall as far as the entrance into archabbey.
take tram No 22, 25 (in the direction of BÍLÁ HORA or VYPICH) to the "Břevnovský klášter" stop. The abbey can be seen from the stop.
1. The simplest way is to leave the archabbey through the main gate, turn immediately right through U Vojtěšky Street along the monastery and cemetery walls. Then continue through Zvoníčkova street (with two turns left and then right), cross the Ankarská street and follow the high voltage line through Zeyerova Alej street till its end. You will see the Institute at your right hand.
2. Local people use the way through abbey garden: After leaving hotel building, enter the garden gate at the church and use the broadest pavement, which turns to left before the hill. Behind the garden house, turn right to the stairs and then continue straightforward out of garden to Na Větrníku Street. Turn left and continue to the crossings with Ankarská and Na Petřinách Streets. Form there, you can take any tram or bus in direction of Petřiny or Letiště Ruzyně as far as the tram terminus, or long 1 km along the tram rails. The Institute is located just at the tram terminal.
3. Take any tram for 2 stops uphill (direction of Vypich or Bílá Hora). Here you can continue from the adjacent stop by bus 191, or pass to the stop in the Ankarská street behind the tram terminus (see photo below) and take bus 179, 184 or 191 to Petřiny (4 stops), following general description of the way to the Institute.
Take any tram for 2 stops uphill (direction of Vypich or Bílá Hora). Pass to the stop in the Ankarská street behind the tram terminus (see photo above) and take bus 179 in direction of Letiště Ruzyně till the terminal that you need.
Back to contents of guide